Littlewood Law advises clients on all aspects related to investing in, owning and developing all types of commercial real estate, ranging from stand-alone retail, mixed use, multi-family and office properties to planned communities and large mixed-use developments.
We routinely advise clients through every stage of the development process, beginning with deal structure, capital procurement and transaction negotiation, through physical, survey and title related diligence and issues.
Tax Incentivized Real Estate Transactions
Littlewood Law brings to the table an acute understanding of available tax incentivized real estate transactions ranging from straightforward 1031 Like Kind Exchanges, to complex and nuanced conservation easement transactions, charitable donations, and qualified opportunity zone investments. Throughout these representations, We will strive to achieve your desired financial outcome, while diligently and thoroughly working to manage the transactions risk profile and likelihood of success. As part of this process we enjoy working hand-in-hand with your tax advisors and other project team members.
Littlewood Law represents both landlord and tenants in the preparation, review and negotiation of all types of real property leasing transactions, including office, retail, industrial and mixed-use projects. Our office enjoys assisting all types of entrepreneurs with their commercial leasing needs, from big-box retailers, to local “mom and pop” businesses.
Our attorneys serve as fractional outside counsel to a select group of clients requiring routine legal guidance. Entrepreneurs, property owners, and growing business benefit from predictable legal spend provided at a fractional and pre-arranged cost. Enjoy the benefit of a sustained relationship with an attorney that understands the values your business and objectives are built upon. Littlewood Law will work tirelessly to leverage its broad network of relationships to advise on, coordinate and oversee:
- Strategic business transactions and equity raises
- Sophisticated corporate transactions and mergers
- Employment matters
- Civil Litigation and contractual disputes
- Intellectual property, patent and trademark issues
Acquisition and Disposition
Littlewood Law represents buyers and sellers of all types of commercial properties, including commercial unimproved land, retail, industrial, office, mixed-use, and multi-family properties. From the onset of your transaction, Littlewood Law can add value through all phases of the deal by assisting with contract negotiation and preparation, physical on-site due diligence coordination, title and survey searches and analysis, and zoning and land use compliance. Throughout this process, as with all engagements, Littlewood Law is committed to providing you with pricing transparency and guidance to ensure that the legal expenses of your transaction are appropriately tailored and not an impediment to a successful transaction.
Littlewood Law routinely represents both borrowers and lenders through acquisition and refinancing transactions. Our office has extensive experience representing borrowers using commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) financing products, as well as in executing real property equity and debt transactions, sale-leaseback, hard money, seller financing, structured financing and private equity financing mechanisms. Unlike many law firms, Littlewood Law does not focus on one-side of the financing equation. By representing both borrowers and lenders, we consistently execute finance transactions that appropriately account for the specific interests of our clients in an efficient and sensible manner.
Littlewood Law provides clients with legal advice specific to their business and transactional needs. This often includes assisting with the formation of business entities, commercial partnerships, and joint ventures. In addition, we have a passion for assisting entrepreneurial minded clients with their general formation, structuring, corporate governance, financing, and contractual needs. Littlewood Law is also able to assist clients with sophisticated corporate acquisition and merger transactions by leveraging its own abilities with its network of industry professionals.
- Developer’s counsel for acquisition, redevelopment, and leasing of 56-acre industrial Brownsfield property consisting of 1,000,000 SF of leasable industrial space located in Winston-Salem, NC.
- Local real estate counsel for California based private equity firm’s acquisition of $30,000,000, five-location, mobile home park portfolio.
- Developer’s counsel for 800 lot residential golfing community in New Bern, NC.
- Buyer’s counsel for over $50 million in acquisitions of gas stations and fuel supply assets throughout the Southeast and NC.
- Borrower’s counsel for $6 million dollar multi-family acquisition financed by Freddie Mac.
- General counsel to national self-storage family business with over $60 million dollars of assets under ownership and management.
- Local Borrower’s counsel for national REIT’s financing of over $60 million dollars in self-storage asset acquisitions.
- Routinely represents local banks through conventional financing transactions.
- Lead real estate counsel for North Carolina based developer’s $7 million dollar conservation and charitable donation project.
- Buyer’s counsel for $18 million dollar mixed-retail project in Mecklenburg County, NC.
- Assisted private investors with 1031 Like-Kind Exchange of $6 million in multi-family and office assets.
- Assisted private investor with $4 million dollar investment acquisition of a triple net leased fast-food property.
- Borrower’s counsel on over $100 million in non-recourse CMBS financing transactions.
- Represented private equity firm’s acquisition of over $30 million in franchise business and real property assets.